Fayad Law, P.C.
(919) 249-6904
A Nation of Immigrants
Find out why you should hire us. Avoid deportation by hiring our expert attorneys Read our client testimonials

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa

Who can apply for a specialty occupation visa?

Foreign nationals who are looking to immigrate temporarily to the United States may be eligible for an H-1B visa if they qualify as a specialty occupation worker, a Department of Defense researcher and development project worker, or a prominent fashion model. Both the applicant and the job they are looking to fill in the United States must meet strict criteria in order for an H-1B visa to be granted. Speak with a North Carolina immigration lawyer today to learn if you are eligible for entry into the United States as a temporary specialty worker.

Specialty Occupation Criteria
The job for which a foreign national is applying under an H-1B visa must meet one of four requirements:

  • The job must require a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) or higher as a minimum entry requirement for the position
  • The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry, or the job can only be performed by a person with a degree due to its complexity
  • The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent to fill the position
  • The job requirements are so specialized or complex that the knowledge and skills needed perform the duties are generally those associated with the obtainment of a bachelor's degree or higher

Specialty Worker Criteria
In order to accept a job offer for a specialty occupation, a worker must meet one of four requirements:

  • Have completed a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited university that is specifically required for the occupation
  • Have a foreign degree that is equivalent to the above
  • Hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification allowing the foreign national to fully practice the specialty occupation in the intended state of employment
  • Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience that equals the requirements for a bachelor's degree or its foreign equivalent, as well as recognition of expertise in the specialty

Hire an Immigration Attorney in North Carolina

At Fayad Law, P.C., our attorneys have a detailed understanding of all types of business visas. We know each intricate step and can guide and inform you so that you can make educated and beneficial decisions. You will be treated as an individual, not another case, and have the support of an attorney who understands your situation. Many of our lawyers have gone through the immigration process themselves and can provide you with compassionate support. Contact our firm to learn exactly what we can do to help you obtain a temporary H-1B specialty worker visa. We have offices in Raleigh, NC, as well as in Richmond and Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC, and we serve clients globally.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Fayad Law, P.C. - North Carolina Immigration Lawyer
Located at 2840 Plaza Pl Raleigh, NC 27612. View Map
Phone: (919) 249-6904 | Local Phone: (919) 294-8032.