Fayad Law, P.C.
(919) 249-6904
A Nation of Immigrants
Find out why you should hire us. Avoid deportation by hiring our expert attorneys Read our client testimonials

North Carolina Family Immigration Attorney

Helping Families Reunite in the United States

Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident trying to unite your family in the United States? If so, Fayad Law, P.C. can help. Our firm practices solely in immigration law so that we can provide clients with excellent representation and comprehensive counsel. We remain up to date on changes in immigration law and keep our clients informed from the moment their case begins until their goals have been achieved. We are also compassionate and work tirelessly to help clients bring loved ones to the United States.

Nonimmigrant Visas for Spouses, Fiancés & Children

The most common family visas are K visas, which are granted to family members of U.S. citizens who have filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. Spouses of U.S. citizens can apply for nonimmigrant K-3 visas, and fiancés can apply for K-1 fiancé visas. Children can also receive K visas if they are the child of your spouse (K-4 visa) or of your fiancé(e) (K-2 visa). If the family member is already present in the U.S., they must file a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status after the Form I-130 has been filed.

Permanent residents of the U.S. (green card holders) can also petition for spouses, fiancés, and children to obtain nonimmigrant status in the United States. A permanent resident must file a Form I-130 and, once it is approved, their family member must wait for a visa number to become available or undergo consular processing if they are outside of the country.

Immigrant Visas for Alien Spouses

Alien-spouse immigrant visas are not the same as K-3 visas. If you desire for your spouse to enter the country on an immigrant visa, they must wait in their country of origin until consular processing is complete and they receive a green card. If you do not want to wait for your spouse to join you, they can file for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa and then apply for an adjustment of status.

Visas for Parents & Siblings

Parents and siblings can also be brought to the United States on nonimmigrant visas with help from a citizen of the United States. Legal permanent residents and nonimmigrants may not assist parents or siblings with entering the United States. In order for a citizen to help their parent or sibling obtain an immigrant family visa, they must file a Form I-130. The family member may then file a Form I-485 if they are currently in the U.S. or they can undergo consular processing if they are waiting to enter the country.

Hire a Raleigh Immigration Lawyer from Fayad Law, P.C.

Each North Carolina immigration attorney is capable of assisting you and your family through the immigration process. We understand how difficult it is to have your family separated from you and we can ensure that you do not miss a single step in the family immigration process. Our lawyers have more than three decades of combined legal experience and practice nothing but immigration law so that we can provide the most focused and effective representation possible. With offices in Raleigh, NC, Richmond and Fairfax, Virginia and in Washington, DC, we can meet with you in person or consult with foreign nationals living abroad. Contact a lawyer from our firm today to learn more!

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Fayad Law, P.C. - North Carolina Immigration Lawyer
Located at 2840 Plaza Pl Raleigh, NC 27612. View Map
Phone: (919) 249-6904 | Local Phone: (919) 294-8032.