Fayad Law, P.C.
(919) 249-6904
A Nation of Immigrants
Find out why you should hire us. Avoid deportation by hiring our expert attorneys Read our client testimonials

Alien Spouse Immigrant Visas

Consular Processing for Alien Spouses

Foreign spouses can enter the United States in one of two ways. The first is by applying for a nonimmigrant K visa, which allows them to enter the country quicker and apply for permanent residency later. The second is by applying for an immigrant visa and undergoing consular processing to obtain permanent residence before entering the United States. Any foreign national who wishes to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S. must visit their local United States Consulate to apply for an immigrant visa.

Applying for an Immigrant Visa as a Foreign Spouse

In order to obtain a green card while outside of the United States, the alien spouse must be married to a United States citizen or permanent resident. The citizen or green card holder must first file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse. Once the form is pending or approved, the alien spouse may visit the local U.S. Consulate and apply for an immigrant visa by filing a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence. If their petition is approved, they must wait until a visa number becomes available. They will then have an interview with the consular office where an immigration official will decide if the applicant is eligible for an immigrant visa. If the consular office grants a visa, the applicant will receive a visa packet that they must present unopened to the Customs and Border Protection officer when they enter the United States as a permanent resident.

Find an Immigration Attorney in North Carolina

If you or your alien spouse is hoping to immigrate to the United States, Fayad Law, P.C. can provide the guidance and counsel you need. We assist clients internationally, in addition to having offices in Raleigh, North Carolina, Washington, DC and Fairfax and Richmond, Virginia. Our legal team comes from a variety of immigrant backgrounds and focuses its practice in immigration law. We hold positions on multiple cultural boards and have won difficult cases such as deferral of removal. Contact an attorney from Fayad Law, P.C. for the compassionate support and experienced guidance that you need to obtain an immigrant visa for yourself or for your alien spouse.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Fayad Law, P.C. - North Carolina Immigration Lawyer
Located at 2840 Plaza Pl Raleigh, NC 27612. View Map
Phone: (919) 249-6904 | Local Phone: (919) 294-8032.